Started Nuvigil (armodafinil) this morning. Started Effexor (venlafaxine) this evening. Do any of you take effexor? Should I take it before bed? Can't sleep and feel nauseous. Bad headache since this evening so I think that's nuvigil. Probably should not have had me start 2 news meds on same day. I feel like crap right now and can't sleep.
- first, I found Effexor extended release to be easier to tolerate.
- I took effexor in the morning, and before taking it I found I had to get something bread like in my stomach first (French toast, cereal, etc) in order to keep it down.
- when taking both Nuvigil and effexor together in the very beginning, I had to cut the Nuvigil in half until my body got used to the combination, then I began taking the full dose.
- I found this combo (armodafinil + venlafaxine) didn't work when I had my period. During this time I added a low dose (30-40mg) of Vyvanse to compensate. There is a side effect of anxiety though.
- in the case of insomnia associated with the armodafinil + venlafaxine, I found sonata to be helpful. It is short acting and when taken early enough didn't give me a sleeping pill hangover the next day
- it was important for me at first to set a timer for every 4 hours to eat in the beginning. I didn't feel hungry and I became depressed and anxious and discovered a connection between not eating and the increasing negative symptoms.